Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just Another Day...

This morning I had a class at 10 and my first ever tutorial at 11. The tutorial was really great, the professor was really nice, he works at an architecture firm in Edinburgh and had attended the university of Edinburgh.
Of course it has been raining all day, so my tennis this afternoon got canceled which is really too bad. I decided running in pouring rain was not fun, so much for daily exercises. I did see quite a few people running this morning with their dogs though. I don't know why anyone would want to walk, let alone run, with their dogs in the pouring rain. I know from experience that walking my two dogs in the pouring rain is awful, but I guess people here are just used to the rain.
At one point when there was no rain my flatmate and I went on a journey a few blocks away to recycle all of our empty cans and bottles. It's annoying that we have to go so far to recycle. The good thing about the journey was that on the way back we found a rug store that had pretty cheap rugs. So on an impulse buy I decided to get one of those really soft sheepskin rugs, I don't think it's real, but I got it for 15 pounds, which is a little over $20. It looks great in front of my bed, and I know I'll be happy I got it tomorrow morning when I get out of bed and my room is freezing.
I got a care package from my mom today:) Full of food and stuff that I forgot, it was very nice.
My flatmate got her books that she ordered from amazon and got these vouchers for wine, spend 80 pounds and get 40 pounds off. So three of us will chip in and have wine to last us quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment