Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Calm Moment

Finally I am here in Edinburgh and have a moment to sit down! The flight over was awful, given that flying coach is never really a fun experience. Plus a seven hour layover in Heathrow airport was not in anyway exciting, even though Heathrow is one of my favorite airports. When my dad and I got to Edinburgh we went to pick up the car we rented. The car given to us was one of the smallest cars I've ever seen and trying to fit 4 huge suitcases and 2 cary-ons into it was not easy, of course I took a picture just to show how comical it was.
But I am here and settled in and that's all that matters. The flat I'm living in with three other girls is not awful, but nothing special either. After hours of unpacking and organizing I have finally gotten my room in, close but not entirely, order. Here is a picture of one side....
and here is the other side...

Next is a couple pictures of the living/kitchen area....


Like I said, nothing special but it could be a whole lot worse. 
At six this morning I heard a funny noise outside which sounded strangely like a clucking noise. I said to myself, now I'm in a city, where on earth would a chicken come from and why on earth would it be outside my dorm, surely it must be some sort of bird? I looked out my window and... 


Surprise!
Turns out there is a chicken that lives outside in the closed in area around my dorm...who knows why...
After a trip to IKEA, best store in the world, my dad and I brought in all of my cooking utensils and stuff for my bedroom. Which was when I really started unpacking and getting my room together. Later my roommate and I walked along South Clerk Street and found the most ridiculous store where you could buy almost anything you could ever want. Then it was off to a meeting about housing and now a calm moment to myself before the evening activities....

No comments:

Post a Comment