Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Accents, strawberries, and fire

I think it's amazing that even though the people here speak English, I can't really understand people. Especially the British! They talk so quickly and just kind of mumble a little bit, I feel so stupid asking them to repeat themselves over and over. The other accents are not as bad but it is still a little difficult to understand people.
After classes I went grocery shopping and found that a store called Lidl sells strawberries for only one pound! That's about $1.50. I was so excited because I was upset that grapes are 2.50 pounds, which is about $3.75. I guess this means lots of strawberry smoothies for me!
After my flatmate and I had finished dinner, the fire alarm went off...great. So out into the cold we went. Turns out a friend of ours set off alarm, a different friend from last time but for some reason apparently our friends are jinxed. Of course the firemen came to check the building and everything, but after a little while we were allowed to go back into the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment