Sunday, September 26, 2010

Burning Eggplants

I woke up around 11 today and my flatmate said she wanted to go to this chinese restaurant that was buffet style. She said she had been there with her family and they thought it was great. So at around 1:30 three of us went to Jimmy Chungs Bar and Chinese Buffet http://www.jimmychungs.com/. It was surprisingly good. Whenever I think of buffets I think of Golden Coral or Chinese 35, which are really not like a restaurant at all, just a load of fried food. This was not like an American buffet, the food was really good and it was a good price. The funny thing was that they played American rap/hip-hop music throughout the restaurant. It certainly wasn't a chinese atmosphere....
At about 3:30 I got a cab to go to my tennis tryouts, that were about 15 minutes (by car) away. The tennis tryouts went pretty well, I don't know when I'll find out whether I made it or not.
Now one of my flatmates is skyping her dad in our kitchen and he is telling her how to make his famous pasta dish (I'm really not sure what it is but I guess I'll find out). All I know is that I walked into the kitchen to the smell of burnt eggplants...but my flatmate does tend to burn everything, hopefully she wont burn the rest of the dish. I'm sure it is going to be very good. A few of our friends are coming for the dinner, so she is cooking for about six of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment