Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Skansen

Today I planned to go to Skansen, the zoo in Stockholm, with my 2nd cousins and my aunt. Little did I know that it was absolutely freezing today, it was about 5 degrees! Before I left the house I thought that since I'd be walking all around Skansen I'd get a bit warm with heavy clothing, because I always get too hot. Too bad this wasn't the case. We had to take several buses and a tram to get to Skansen.
My nieces, Karin and Stella, on the bus. 
Finally we get there and we get to go up this huge escalator. Although now when I look at it, it does not seem as big as it used to when I was little.
As soon as we got to the top we realized how cold it really was and that the whole Christmas market was closed! The only thing that was open was a small little cafe, which we decided to stop in and get something to eat.



(They are two characters)
 It turns out that Karin's feet were soaking wet and we were all so cold that we didn't want to go any further. I mean 5 degrees is a little over the top. So we decided to head out and go back to the apartment. The entire was back Stella and Karin quizzed me on Swedish numbers and animals. We even made a list of english and Swedish animals. 
After we brought the girls back to the apartment I went to my aunts for dinner, which was very good. I took the train back to Djursholm, but the first train that I took broke down! Apparently it was because of the snow! So we had to wait a bit and then take another train, but at least I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment