Monday, December 13, 2010

Change it up.

If you know me then you know that I love to bake, especially when I'm stressed. It's always so nice to be able to do something that you have control over and is simple and the result is always great! So when exams roll around I do enjoy being able to bake constantly, my flatmates certainly love it. But if you know me really well then you know what I love to do most when I'm stressed is organize or change something. It can be as simple as rearranging my desk, or my closet, or something big like painting my room or moving around furniture. Any sort of project like this always makes me so happy. Maybe because I like mixing it up, or organizing, or being able to reap the benefits. But at 8:30 this evening, after lots of boring studying, I decided to take on a big challenge. To change around my room. It was looking far too messy and unorganized, and my desk had way too many things on it. So a little over an hour later here is what I've come up with.

Now for comparison

So, before I explain I should tell you that my wardrobe, desk and shelves are all in the same place as before. I decided that I didn't want the window blowing cold air on my feet anymore (yes I sleep with the window open even when it snows) but I wanted it on my head! Much nicer. There was a smaller desk underneath my desk which I took out and put over my nightstand. Plus I moved one of the hooks hanging my scarves next to the mirror. The only thing that bugs me about this is that cord that runs right across the room. I tried to hide it with the rug but it's not completely hidden. I'm thinking I may get a longer Ethernet cord so that I won't have this problem! Anyways, this is much nicer. Now my desk is a lot less cluttered and my room looks more organized. Let's just hope that I like it and don't decide to change it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment