Monday, December 6, 2010

EEk...A Mouse!

Glass shattering screaming came from down the hall Friday night. I ran out of my room, leaving my studying to fend for itself, to find my flatmate Katie standing outside her bedroom door almost crying. Once she calmed down a bit I found out that there was a mouse in her room. Hahahahaha, I thought something was actually wrong and as it turns out she was sitting at her desk and looked down and there was a little brown mouse looking up at her. My other flatmates and I lost it and busted out laughing while Katie continuously said "it's not funny!", well to us it was very funny. Although apparently Katie did have a traumatic experience with a dead mouse when she was younger, so we all searched her room and when we couldn't find it I made her a drink, to calm her down a bit. Then we all blocked the bottom of our doors and sat in the kitchen together (thinking that it wouldn't be in there because we would've seen it go in). After about half an hour or so Jenny, my other flatmate, says "oh! there's the mouse, he just went out the door" hahaha. Apparently he just sauntered out the door like it was no big deal, needless to say Katie needed another drink. So then we all made a mouse trap that the mouse still has not fallen for. I think he looks at it everyday and laughs. But now whenever I sit in the kitchen long enough I see him running out the door, so cute! We found out that there's apparently two (that we've seen), a big brown one and a little brown one. Jenny and I are determined to catch them so that we can keep them as pets and name the little one Leonard and the big one Chuck! We've made another trap but I really don't think they will fall for it...

Today I literally got caught in the snow. I had been told that the snow was done, which is unfortunate but I was glad because at the rate it was going I'd be stuck here for Christmas. This morning I got to the library at 7:30 (we've established that I'm a nerd and weird...I work better in the morning). So once I found all the books I needed I sat down in front of a window and started writing my essay. As soon as I started the snow came blustering down out of nowhere! Now this would be all fine and dandy if I had worn the right clothes for snow. Most of the snow is melted off the sidewalks so I wore my little felt Nike's and I just put on jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a sweater with no hood. Boy was this the wrong thing to do. I decided that it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon and the best thing to do would be to make it back soon before it really got worse. So at 9:30 I attempted to walk back, slipping and almost knocking over people around me several times and came back into my flat with sopping wet hair, drenched clothes and very cold feet! Great way to start a day of studying right?

No comments:

Post a Comment