Saturday, April 23, 2011

Must Love Dogs

If you were ever considering volunteering at an animal shelter, I have just one question for you, do you really love dogs (or cats)? Because if the answer is without a doubt yes then go ahead, but if there's any doubt in your mind then do not work at an animal shelter! I came back today wet, cold and muddy. Of course when I got up this morning it was raining, well more like pouring. thankfully by the time I got to the shelter it had died down, but that didn't entirely help. I had to take all of the dogs for a walk again and the areas to take them out were completely muddy. This would be fine since I was wearing my wellies but of course the crazy dogs kept jumping all over me with their muddy paws. I had to endure two hours of this. But I love dogs so I didn't mind riding the bus home all wet and muddy, having people give me dirty looks for being so dirty on the bus haha. Although I did get to play with some adorable puppies, which was certainly worth it. So again I say make sure you really love dogs before you volunteer because rainy days are certainly not fun. Time to curl up in bed with some hot chocolate and a good movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment