Saturday, April 16, 2011

Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home

This morning at 11 I had a meeting with the manager of the Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home. I decided to volunteer there since I have quite a lot of time on my hands, what with classes being over and everything. I was very impressed by the shelter, it was really much nicer than any I have seen. The shelter can hold 250 dogs and 100 cats, the amazing part is that it's mostly a no-kill shelter. Occasionally they have to put animals to sleep but last year out of the 3,000 animals they only put 27 down, which is really impressive. The shelter also acts as a boarding for family pets. I am excited to start volunteering, they had a lot of cute puppies and kittens which I can't wait to play with (I might try to sneak my camera in to take some pictures)!

No comments:

Post a Comment