Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Day

Today was my first day at the Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home. I had a lot of fun. I got there around 9:45 and left at 1:30. The first thing I had to do was squeegee all the soapy water into the drain. Kinda reminded me of tennis camp when it has rained the night before and we have to soak up all the water on the courts the next day. The only difference was I had maybe 20 dogs barking at me. A lot of them would follow the squeegee back and forth and would try to attack it when it was close to their kennel, pretty funny actually. Once I had finished with that I had to wash all of the dog bowls. Then the fun part started. They had three large grassy enclosed areas where dogs could run around. So the girl I was working for in one of the kennels  wrote me a list of dogs that I could take into the areas. I think I took about 10 of them out there (one at a time of course) and I just got to run around and play with them. Some of them were interested in their own running of course but others had a lot of fun with fetch and tug-o-war. My favorite dog was Rex, a Staffie (Staffordshire terrier), he was so cute and insisted upon being a lap dog, and also would not allow me to stop playing with him. The four hours went by very quickly, although I had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment