Friday, May 20, 2011

Poor College Students

Yesterday I officially finished my year at the University of Edinburgh. I must say that it is very bittersweet. I am happy to be done and to be going home soon but I'm also going to miss everyone here and miss being in a beautiful city. My flatmates and I are all still in denial, thinking that there's no way we are all leaving so soon. We've also all been a bit nostalgic, re-hashing all of the fun stuff that we've done together this year.
Two days from now is my flatmate Vivian's birthday, and we had been considering buying her guitar lessons, only problem is that I am broke (as a typical college student should be). So I told my other flatmates they'll have to get the guitar lessons for her on their own and I'd have to be a bit creative.
So what I came up with was to make her truffles (which are inexpensive to make since there's only chocolate, sugar and butter and I already have the sugar and butter) and then put them in an origami box that I made and decorated. So far I've made the box, and tomorrow I'll make all of the truffles.
top


bottom

See with a little creativity you can always think of a nice gift for a friend, no money needed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment