Saturday, November 6, 2010

Headline: Crazy Skydivers Blow Up Bonfire

This morning I went to Strathallan again to jump. Unfortunately, I didn't end up being able to jump, there were tons of tandems who have priority plus one of the planes broke down so there was only one plane running. It was really unfortunate. I did nothing from about 11 in the morning until about 8 at night haha. But one reason I did decide to go to Strathallan for today was because they were going to set off fireworks and have a bonfire in honor of Bonfire Night.
The fireworks were spectacular. I have never seen such amazing fireworks, and they just kept going! I'm sure they spent quite a bit of money on them.





Some pretty amazing fireworks right? 
After fireworks it was time for the bonfire.

They piled tons and tons of wood into this massive bonfire, then they started pouring a ridiculous amount of gasoline all over the thing. Now I've seen people light bonfires that have gasoline on them, it's a really cool affect because everything goes up in massive flames really quickly, so I was excited for this. They told all of us that we needed to stand in the hanger so that nothing bad would happen. Luckily enough I decided I should film it go up in flames because I knew it would look cool. 
They lit a line from the hanger going to the bonfire and everyone is holding their breath when suddenly the loudest boom I have ever heard comes from the bonfire and the entire thing explodes! And I mean really explodes! Everyone immediately starts screaming and rushes towards the back of the hanger because pieces of burning wood went flying everywhere! After a moment of chaos everyone starts yelling and clapping, apparently they had planned to give us a bit of a scare. I've never seen something blow up before and this was a great thing to blow up. I was soo glad I video tapped it because it was really awesome. I've posted the video on YouTube so that you all can have a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suxVpizA2ac It's a really short video but that is mainly because I freaked out and ran back like everyone else did hahah, you can hear all the screams.....

No comments:

Post a Comment