Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Time!

Last night was the annual tree lighting here. A bunch of my friends and I went down to Princes Street to watch them light the tree. What we found was an entire carnival! There were rides, ice skating, and food stands, all right in the center of the city! I smelled like the funnel cakes you get at the state fair (yumm). Unfortunately, I hadn't thought to bring any money but everything will still be up for another week. It was funny to see what kind of food they had though, I'm used to hot dogs and hamburgers. Course they did have hot dog and hamburgers but they also had a crepes stand, mulled wine, haggis and a bunch of other stuff. The tree lighting was supposed to be at 5:15 so we got there around 4:50, and of course they were late in lighting the tree and didn't light it until 6. So we got to stand around in the freezing cold staring at an unlit tree, but it was worth it. I got some great pictures too!
Looks a bit eerie doesn't it?

Can you see the people floating in the air? They are playing the drums, very cool.

There's the tree!
Sorry the picture isn't so great, but there is the tree!

The tree isn't the only thing that was lit.


And of course they had to finish it off with fireworks. Although I have to say, they were not nearly as good as the ones the skydiving club had.

No comments:

Post a Comment