Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Eggs!

Next Weekend I'm going to Stockholm with a few friends and my cousin was kind enough to let us stay in his flat. So I decided to make two eggs for his daughters since when I went to visit them they wouldn't let me stop drawing pictures for them.
This is one side of the first one
Here's the other side
The second one
The other side of the second one.
Then I decided that I'd have a bit of fun and make one that has meaning to it, or at least all of the designs have a certain meaning, according to a website that I found on pysanky. 
So this egg has two rams on it, I chose the ram because 1. he's cute 2. I'm born the year of the ram and 3.  they are symbols of strength, dignity, leadership and perseverance. So the next band around the egg (called an eternity band) is a symbol of protection. Then the diamond sieves symbolize the separation of good and evil. Next the pink waves around the egg symbolize harmony and immortality.
In between the two rams is a sun which symbolizes life, warmth and love. 
If you want to look at what all the symbols that can be made represent, here is the website that I used Pysanky Symbolism.


No comments:

Post a Comment